Sunday 17th January 10-5pm 2021
Workshop 925 based at The Mayford Centre, just outside of Woking and very close to Guildford.
Unit F9 The Mayford Centre
Tutor: Amy Hubbard
What does the day involve?
Join tutor Amy Hubbard on this day workshop to learn the next steps in stringing. This course is best suited for anyone who has been to our beginners stringing class previously or if you have some prior knowledge of stringing already.
Over the course of the day we will look at a variety of techniques:
- Multi-Strand Stringing – Making a multi row bracelet and a layered multi row necklace
- ‘Endless’ Stringing – Making an un-knotted endless (no clasp) necklace, and at least a start on a knotted version (the knotted style can take a while to complete, so this may come home with you to finish depending on your speed!)
- Strung Accents / Earrings – We will look at how to add on strung elements to existing pieces and make a simple pair of strung bead earrings including how to make your own ear hooks in silver.
What is included?
The course includes materials including pearls and semi precious beads.
You are welcome to purchase extra beads on the day or bring your own for inclusion into your days work. These techniques are so effective with silver designs to bring your silver pendants alive. We also welcome you to bring alone pre-existing silver designs to learn how to combine them with your threading, stringing and knotting skills.
(Please note that some beads may not be suitable for stringing, but Amy will advise you on the day). Some good starting points for this class would be uniform shape and size pearl and gemstone beads, sizes ranging between 4-6mm in diameter, with some smaller glass / plastic seed beads to use add in.
As well as learning about the techniques, you will also learn about the tools required for each method.
Please do not book if you do not agree with our Coronavirus procedures.
What to Bring:
- Please bring a mask to the workshop. You will be social distanced, however masks are required for demonstrations of times when Amy may need to come nearer to you to discuss your projects.
- Also pack your own lunch, snacks and drinks for the session.
- We regret we can’t offer tea and coffee at the moment due to Coronavirus so make sure you bring enough refreshments and supplies to keep you going during the day.